Monday, December 3, 2007

Internal crisis!

I'm still having a hard time admitting that I really like Ron Paul (gasp - a republican!) for this presidential election. I know I shouldn't stick to "parties" like that, but it's so hard for me to get over it! I know Ron Paul isn't exactly republican, he's more libertarian, and that makes the medicine go down better.

I like that he wants to take the gross bloating out of our government and simplify the process. I like that he doesn't think we need to be imperialistic to be a great country. I like that he thinks that the "big issues" (i.e. religion, abortion, gay marriage etc) shouldn't even be big issues in the national elections in the first place, and should be left up to states. I like that he wants to get rid of our financial crisis, and stop wasting money. I like that he wants our men and women out of Iraq etc and wants to stop the bleeding money!

It's just so odd to me to identify with a right-winger! That's never happened before. And it's rough!

2 comments:

Joseph T. Richardson said...

I'm having just the opposite crisis. I'm drifting horrifyingly to the left! One of those quizzes the other day told me I'm a "Strong Democrat"! What, no? Help! I'm a moderate, I swear!

Holly said...

o dream stella...don't be a crisis with the part of yourself that looks at the person not the side of the fence they're on. You are a good judge of character...trust yourself.

sincerely,

your life coach