Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Murk

I woke up early to get to work by 6:30 a.m. I drove out of the driveway and entered into the murk of a cold fog. No sun, no other cars, just my headlights versus the clouds.

Work was murky - it felt murky. I came home, felt murky. Somehow, the fog has made my whole day murky.

After work, Chris and I headed out to see my grandparents. Pop is murky. His brain is murky. And the murkyness is killing me.

Out of the murkyness of today, I now sit in my living room after eating some Christmas dinner leftovers. Chris is asleep on the couch, and Bill Cosby is preaching to his children on the Cosby show. I need to be cleaning Cinderella style in preparation for my guests this weekend, but as of right now, I can't get motivated. I wish that I could wax philosophic prolifically. But I'm murky.

1 comment:

Holly said...

perhaps a post-holiday adrenaline crash?

the sun will come out...toooo-mooooorrrrrroow.

you know the rest.