Thursday, February 21, 2008

Obama

I've liked Obama since the last election, while watching his speeches during the DNC. They were incredibly hopeful and moving. I liked the idea of Obama running for president, and I'm so happy that he's done that.

Up until this point, I wasn't SOLD on either democratic candidate. HIlary has an "air" about her, and Obama has a different approach than any other presidential candidate up to this point in my lifetime. But I wasn't SURE.

Well, whoever wrote this blog has fixed it for me. The author has gone through the library of congress website and has given a great run down on the accomplishments in the senate for Obama and for Clinton.

Obama has accomplished more and on a wider and more effective scope than Clinton has so far. It is impressive how much more Obama has gotten done as senator, and also the scope of his proposed legislation. Most of Clinton's has been "temporary" tax cuts and incentives to remedy a situation in the short term. Obama has proposed legislation to not temporarily fix the environment and energy crisis, but to remedy the situation. I'm impressed. He's also gotten more support for more of his proposed bills.

Anyway, there's the summation. The lists of bills etc are included in this blog.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/2/20/201332/807/36/458633

No comments: