Monday, March 24, 2008

Meh

I was born during the beginning of a huge economic boom in our country, that may have hit hard(ish) times since then, but has bounced back to produce prosperity (for the majority) and ease of economic freedom. The dollar grew to be the strongest form of currency in the world by a long shot, and even middle-class america lived very conspicuously consumptive lives.

I remember the even greater boom of the 1990's. America was on top of the world.

And then along came W. Bush. We have spent 7.5 years going downhill because this stupid son of a rich man thinks he can run the country. I'm so tired of the old families, the rich elite, being in charge of America. But, it will always be that way because it's always been that way.

I've read a couple of articles on CNN and from The Economist that project a HUGE depression, not just a slight recession like our government would have you believe. A huge depression that might even be worse that what we call the "Great Depression" may be on the horizon for us, all because a stupid cowboy thought that we ought to go to war (stupid) with a people that didn't want "saving" (stupid) and then keep our people there, spending $3 billion a week (stupid) for a cause that we shouldn't have been fighting for in the first place.

So, I'm a little bit scared for our economy and our country. I'm scared for the next few years. I'm a little bit pissed that as I begin my life as an adult, trying to have a "piece of the pie" so to speak, it may never happen because we all too complacent to have stood up against it years ago.

No comments: