Saturday, July 12, 2008

I always thought that I would be over a few things by "adulthood".

I thought I would be over the horrid relationships that girls have with other girls in their adolescence. I think this affects my relationships still. I have a hard time being "real" with most people. I'm guarded, and have a hard time trusting.

I thought I would be over the daddy issues I've harbored since adolescence.

I also thought that I would know "who I was" by this point in my life. I have no clue.

I can't help but be morose lately. I feel that my mother is extremely unhappy. I feel that everything she has worked so hard to keep together is falling apart between her fingers. I'm helpless.

Her father is deteriorating at a rapid pace, and his care is left in the hands of her mother, who cannot be expected to take on the burdens she endures daily.

I
am
helpless

No comments: