Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Oh, Oprah

I was watching Oprah, and she was highlighting the Angels Gate dog sanctuary in New York.

The beautiful hearted woman in New York goes around to shelters etc rescuing dogs in all states of disrepair. She has paralyzed dogs, partially paralyzed dogs, blind dogs, dogs with no teeth. All kinds of dogs. She has over 150 on her property.

While I was watching I was moved to tears. I had seen earlier on the same Oprah a woman whose life was turned upside down by Hurricane Katrina. I was saddened for her. But I was moved to tears.

But, then a women said that she felt so compelled to help animals because they are helpless. Domestic animals are bred to lessen their instincts, and then people take these animals and then abuse them and leave them for dead.

I guess that's why I am so affected by the abuse of animals and children, and while I'm saddened by events in adults lives, I'm not as affected. It's weird.

No comments: